Dyfi Bike Park Weather Policy
The aim of the Dyfi Bike Park Adverse Weather Policy is primarily to ensure the safety of riders and staff. Dyfi Bike Park also aims to inform riders and staff of any changes to the usual running’s of the park as soon as possible.
We operate a traffic light warning system in the event of adverse weather conditions. We aim to inform riders if the bike park won’t be open as usual by midday, the day prior to their booking. Our website and social media will reflect any warnings that have been issued, and every rider booked on to ride will receive an email and text alerting them to potential disruptions. Therefore please ensure your contact details are correct. An explanation of our system is below.
If we issue an AMBER warning: Dyfi Bike Park intends to open but there is a high likelihood of bad weather which could potentially disrupt your visit. An amber warning means you need to be prepared that some trails may be closed as a safety precaution, and that the uplift could be affected – if the weather worsens the park may need to shut. During amber warnings riders may request to move their booking to another available date at no cost, should they wish. Requests to move bookings can be made by email to email@example.com – noting your booking number.
If we issue a RED warning: Extreme weather is expected, and the trails and uplift will be closed. All pre-booked riders can choose to move their booking to another available date, receive a full refund, or uplift credit. Riders can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting their booking number. If there is a red weather warning, please do not come to Dyfi Bike Park. If riders don’t inform us of how they wish to redeem their cancelled uplift, the booking will be kept as a credit for 12 months from the date of the booking, with a 1-year expiry period.
*Dyfi Bike Park will take no financial responsibility for any other costs incurred for these cancellations.
During the Covid-19 pandemic we won’t be able to accept onsite sign-ons so please complete the online waiver.
NO WAIVER, NO RIDE
All riders are expected to adherer to the Covid -19 Code of conduct
- Check government guidance, our website and social media and complete your online waiver before you leave home
- If you or anyone you live with has displayed Covid symptoms in the last 14 days or is in the governments vulnerable categories STAY AT HOME
- If your area is in local lockdown PLEASE STAY AT HOME
- You will not be allowed on the uplift without a MASK
- wash your hands and use sanitiser
- Social distance at all times
- Ride within your abilities
- Clean your clothing and equipment before you set out and when you return home
- Be self sufficient for tools, PPE and hand sanitiser and take your litter home
- If there is a major incident call 999 and let us know at the sign on.
Refund terms & conditions
Advance bookings made on-line will be charged to your account at the time you make your booking.
You will receive an email confirming your booking, bring this with you on the day to exchange for your uplift ticket, bike/equipment hire, coaching etc.
If we have to cancel or change your booking
Occasionally, we may be required to cancel the uplift at short notice for operational or safety reasons (e.g. snow/ice/fallen trees, high winds).
We will try to give as much notice as possible and will give you a full refund or transfer your booking to another date.
IN CASE OF EXPECTED BAD WEATHER CHECK OUR HOME PAGE FOR WEATHER WARNINGS.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE PROVIDED A VALID MOBILE PHONE NUMBER WITH YOUR BOOKING AS PARK CLOSURES WILL BE ADVISED VIA MASS EMAIL EARLY ON THE MORNING OF THE CLOSURE
Dyfi Bike Park will take no financial responsibility for any other costs incurred for these cancellations (for example travel or accommodation costs)
Please check your emails and texts before you set off.
Please note, rain does not affect our service and we will not cancel for these conditions.
Dyfi Bike Park reserve the right to cancel any service (eg uplift or coaching) for operational reasons including low uptake. We will try to give you as much notice as possible and you will be given a full refund or option to transfer to another day.
If you have to cancel or change your booking
Up to 21 days before the date for which you originally booked:
- You may transfer your booking to another day, free of charge, subject to availability
- If you wish to cancel your booking it will be free of charge
Between 21 days and 8 days before the date you originally booked
- You may transfer your booking to another day, subject to availability, subject to a £5 per person admin fee (charged per day, per person)
- We may be able to transfer your booking to another person subject to a £5 admin fee
- If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a £5 per person cancellation fee (charged per day, per person)
Between 7 days and 3 days before the date you originally booked
- You may transfer your booking to another day, subject to availability, subject to a £10 per person admin fee (charged per day, per person)
- We may be able to transfer your booking to another person subject to a £10 admin fee
- If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a £10 per person cancellation fee (charged per day, per person)
Within 48 hours
- No refunds and no amendments can be made.
Under 18s Policy
CHILDREN UNDER 18 MUST HAVE THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THEIR PARENT OR GUARDIAN to use our services. All participants under the age of 18 will need to ensure that a parent/guardian has filled in the online acceptance risk and registration form on their child’s behalf.
CHILDREN AGED 16 AND UNDER MUST HAVE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN (Over 18) present with them at all time at the Park. The parent or guardian must also sign the participation & Risk Acceptance Form on the child’s behalf and must stay ON SITE for the duration of the uplift day (No refunds will be given if children arrive unsupervised).
RIDERS AGED 14 AND UNDER MUST HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT RIDER WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES. This doesn’t have to be a parent or guardian, but must be someone trusted by the rider and parent or guardian. Both the responsible rider and parent or guardian must complete the U18 waiver form on behalf of the rider.
RIDERS UNDER 12 MUST COMPLETE AN ASSESSMENT RIDE IF THEY HAVEN’T RIDDEN AT DYFI BIKE PARK BEFORE. Email email@example.com to book, and find more information here https://dyfibikepark.bigcartel.com/product/under-12s-checkout-ride