Reporting to Dan Atherton and the Dyfi Bike Park Board the Operations Manager will be Dan’s right hand man/woman and be vital in helping to deliver our vision for the facility.
The Operations Manager will take control of the safe running of the park and all of its moving parts, particularly around construction and uplifts. With proven experience in the construction industry you will be a dynamic and adaptable thinker with a wealth of Health and Safety experience.
You will be an excellent organiser with the ability to plan, estimate costs and co-ordinate a project, delivering on time and to budget despite any unexpected obstacles. You will supervise all activity on site and report to the board on progress.
You will ensure compliance with all legal requirements, safety and building codes and further develop our company health and safety policy. You will enjoy implementing good working practices in a constantly changing environment and designing systems and logistical processes to improve the safe and efficient running of the park.
You will assist in the expansion of the project so an ability to build constructive and mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of stakeholders will be key. You will also liaise with local government and planning officers so written skills will be important with previous experience a strong advantage.
Ours is a fast moving and highly challenging environment. We’re looking for a practical person who is flexible in outlook and who is willing and capable of any task that assists the build crew and park staff. Our ideal candidate will have great communication skills along with the experience and gravitas to provide guidance and solve disputes.
Typical duties might include:
- Planning and budgeting build projects e.g. new trails and supervising the delivery of that project
- Developing company-wide policies, procedures and best practise.
- Enforcing safety procedures, minimising risk, ensuring the use of protective clothing and other safety equipment
- Keeping daily logs and diaries.
- Construction team rotas
- Liase with duty managers, café, transport manager and mechanics to ensure the visitor experience is amazing every time.
- Driver/staff inductions
- Manage external event – Red Bull Hardline build project
- Assisting with Grants and planning applications
Essential skills and experience
- Organisation and project management
- Minimum two years’ experience in managing large teams and sub-contractors
- Minimum two years’ experience in a Health + Safety role in construction or the outdoors
- Business acumen and financial administration
- Good written skills and communication
- Process driven
- Experience of dealing with local planning
- Good understanding of mountain-biking /some practical experience
NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (UK) Certificate
Full clean driving license
- Bachelor’s Degree/ HNC/HND or Foundation Degree in building engineering, surveying or civil engineering
- NEBOSH Diploma
- City & Guilds NPTC or Lantra Chainsaw Certificate
- Leisure or events experience
- Expertise in writing planning and grant applications
- MTB rider
Note: The details of this job description summarise the main expectations of the role as it stands today. We’re growing fast so we expect that the exact scope of individual roles will evolve with us; any changes will be managed in consultation. This also means that there is some flexibility to adapt this role to best match the talents of an exceptional candidate.
Please email your CV and Cover letter inc. salary expectations to email@example.com
Salary dependant on experience